Terms & Conditions
Please take a minute to review our Terms and Conditions before confirming your booking with us.
- We accept no responsibility for personal injury to the Guest and/or his/her invitees, or loss of or consequential loss or damage to their property, or for other matters over which we have no control.
- This agreement is made on the basis that the property is to be occupied by guests for a holiday as mentioned in the Housing Act 1988 Schedule 1 paragraph 9 and guests acknowledge that the tenancy granted by this agreement is not an assured tenancy and that no statutory periodic tenancy will arise when it ends.
- Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under 18 years of age.
- A deposit is required when making the booking of £150 which is non-refundable. The remaining balance of the holiday must be paid six weeks in advance of the booking and any cancellation made during this time will incur the full cost of the holiday. Guests are expected to make their own travel insurance arrangements in anticipation of any potential risks of cancellation and we would encourage guests to take out appropriate cover. If a booking is made less than six weeks in advance of the commencement of the holiday, full payment will be required.
- No bookings are valid until confirmed by us in writing or via email, unless made via Trip Advisor in which case Trip Advisor automatically confirms the booking and issues reminders direct to the Guest periodically as the dates draw near.
- We reserve the right to re-let any holiday where any monies due are more than 14 days in arrears whereupon any monies paid by the Guest over and above the non-refundable deposit shall be refunded. However, if we are unable to re-let the holiday the Guest will remain liable for the outstanding balance of the cost of the holiday. Any request to cancel must be put in writing to us in the first instance either by letter or email, unless the booking has been made via Trip Advisor, in which case Trip Advisor automatically notifies us when a booking has been cancelled and updates the calendar online to show the dates as available. We will then contact the Guest regarding their cancellation.
- In the event of the accommodation becoming unavailable (such as heating break down, fire or flooding), we will refund all monies paid or a proportion in the case of curtailment. We cannot, however pay any compensation or expenses as a consequence of such an event.
- For bookings made from 2018 and beyond we have taken the decision not to accept pets to protect the house in immaculate condition for the benefit of all our guests.
- We would ask that Guests respect the house and look after and keep the property, furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects in the same state of repair as you found them at the start of your holiday, and generally leave the property clean and tidy and in the same state of cleanliness as you found it.
- For the benefit of our next Guests, please report any breakages to us, so that we may replace any items. We don’t make a charge for basic damages say to a mug or plate, but if damage to larger items such as carpets, beds, bedding, fixtures or fittings occurs then we reserve the right to make a charge. This will be no more than the cost to us of the cleaning or replacement of the said item(s).
- Guests right to occupy the Property may be forfeited without compensation if:-
- More people than declared at the time of booking occupy the property.
- Overnight guests are entertained without having discussed this with us.
- Any activity is undertaken which is illegal, or may cause unreasonable damage, noise, behaviour or disturbance.
- Smoking in a designated “No Smoking” property.
- We cannot be held responsible for the failure of public services such as electricity or water, but we will endeavour to ensure resumption of services as soon as possible should this occur.
- If you have a complaint, please do tell us, not others, so that we may have an opportunity to put it right whilst you’re still with us. We cannot offer compensation for complaints raised after the holiday has ended if guests have not reported or denied us, as owners, the opportunity of looking into the complaint and endeavouring to remedy matters during the holiday.
- We reserve the right to be allowed access to the Property at any reasonable time during any holiday occupancy should maintenance be required or other, but we will always discuss this with guests first.
- Please note mobile phone signals are not always strong on Orkney and weather does make a difference! Coverage can vary by network.
- If a facility is particularly important to you, please check with us prior to your booking.
Terms & Conditions – Checking In and Out
- Our change over day is usually a Saturday. Checking in time is from 4.00pm to allow for housekeeping, but if you need to access the property earlier, please contact us . Checking out is by 10.00am on the day of departure. If you need a later check out/in owing to travel arrangements please discuss and we will do our best to accommodate.
- When checking in, one of us will meet you at the property and show you around, unless you are checking in on a week day and we are at work, in which case we will contact you to make arrangements. There are two sets of keys provided.
- Checking out is simple. Guests just need to vacate the property by the required time, leaving both sets of keys in the property.
- It goes without saying that we would really appreciate it, if you could leave the house in the same state in which you found it for the benefit of our next guests.
- For guests staying for two weeks or longer, do ask if you would like us to pop in and change your linen and/or towels.
- Children are very welcome at the house. We can provide a travel cot on request with sheets and blankets as required if you are not bringing your own. A travel seat (to attach to a dining chair) and a high chair are also provided in the house.